Friday, February 27, 2015

First things first.

This is my first official post on my new blog. I decided to change things up a bit!
(see past lifestyle blog here + past missionary blog here)

This is my fresh start. New blog, new focus. This will still be a blog about my life + all the adventures within, just with a bit of a different focus. For starters, to explain the title:

Mormon. I am an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I recently returned from an 18-month mission to Brazil Recife where I served as a full-time missionary in the Brazilian state of Pernambuco (PE). It was a fabulous experience, one that changed my life...1000% for the better! I will be talking more about that + my experience as a Sister Missionary and member of the LDS/Mormon Church as a big part of this blog.

Runner. Anyone who knows me, knows that I didn't really get into running until I started my freshman year of college at Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, Utah. I tried out a lot of different sports/activities throughout my childhood + youth (dance, softball, cheerleading, color guard, band, theatre, to name a few), but never feel like I really found my "niche." I was good at some of those things, really loved a lot of them, but never really clicked 100% with any particular one. I always felt like something was missing...until I started running. You could say it was love at first 5K. (; I went from running that first race (3.1 miles) to my first full marathon (26.2 miles) between my freshman + senior years of college...+ I've been running ever since! I absolutely love to run, as a form of exercise, de-stress, fun, + especially for the awesome bagels + medals + shirts you get at races (+ many, many other reasons you'll come to see as you follow along!).

Girl. I think this one's self-explanatory enough. (: While this blog will probably talk about the two aforementioned subjects more than any others, this will still, first + foremost, be a day-to-day blog about little bitty me! It's a way of keeping track of my life, allowing family members + friends to stay updated on my life from afar, + mostly a place where I can post the millions of photos I take on the daily...+ jibber jab all I want without any real constraints. (:

So...hello!

+ Welcome to the life of the Mormon Runner Girl. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...