Friday, February 27, 2015

My heart is full.

+ my eyelids are heavy...but I just couldn't let myself skip off to bed without taking a moment to count my many blessings embedded in today.

Today I woke up at 5:30am to be able to go out to early-morning seminary (scripture study) with my Daddy, Stephen, where I was asked all kinds of fun questions about my missionary experience. I got to explain funny language barrier mishaps like the difference between água de coco (coconut water) + água de cocô (poop water), and mostly was able to share my process of deciding to even go on a mission...and feeling the spirit so strongly testify to me of just how incredibly blessed I am to have been able to serve a full-time mission and to have met + taught the people I did in that 18-month period.

blogger-image--731703966

Shortly thereafter, I went off to work, at my faithful + true Bob Evans...my part-time job whenever I'm at home, ever since I was 16 years old. Most days I'm tickled pink realizing how lucky I am to have this little job that basically involves doing every thing I love - multitasking, socializing, making people happy, working with food...etc. + the cherry on top?! Knowing that my favorite little brother DK will be starting work there in the next couple days + I'll even get to be his trainer as a server, carrying on the BE Kron legacy + love for all things pancakes. <3

IMG_3124

Came home to declutter my life a little bit more, doing things like starting this blog, and then going out to teach a wonderful woman, Joann, with my favorite Worthington Ward Sister missionaries! Seeing how much Joann has progressed in the past month + a half since I've met her + gotten the chance to get to know her better has really strengthened my testimony and love for the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. She is such a light to be around and that + being with the Sisters...there's not much that gets better than that. They are all just so wonderful and just glow with the joy of the Gospel in their lives. I love knowing that I'm learning just like she is, every time I go out with the Sisters to teach. Today we talked all about the Priesthood + Auxiliaries of the Church and it just hits me time + time again how much it just makes sense. God's Church is an organized Church, with leaders who have Priesthood authority to bless the lives of His children. I love that.

IMG_3202

My night couldn't have ended any more perfectly. I came home to my wonderful parents + little brother (missing my favorite sisters, of course! :)) all getting ready for bed, concluding with my own Daddy giving me my first father's blessing since I'd been home from my mission. I so know that this Gospel is real. I so know that we have an incredible loving Heavenly Father who wants us to grow, learn, and improve. I know that He knows and understands us and wants what's best for us. I also know that the Priesthood is here on the earth again today and for that I am eternally grateful. To watch my father, in turn, bless my little brother + then my Mama, his dear wife + eternal companion...my heart just overflowed with immense gratitude to have a wonderful father who is a worthy priesthood holder and has been my entire life. I love my family and am so, BEYOND grateful to know that we are a forever family, sealed by the same priesthood power that my own Daddy has.

blogger-image--763515610

I love my family. I love this Gospel. I am so, so, wonderfully blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...