Monday, April 20, 2015

the week of FIRSTs.

the FIRST time i burned my hand on a 400-degree oven rack while making pizza for my family.

the FIRST time since i got back from brazil when i decided to eat my pizza with ketchup + mayo because i thought it tasted too dry (*note- this is more than normal in brazil, i promise you! and actually quite tasty.)

the FIRST time i got to see dk perform during the school year at a concert besides just the end-of-the-year concert (he did awesome, ps).

the FIRST time i had to go out in public with my left hand all awkwardly burninated + wrapped up (remember this little incident? yeah, that was my right hand. so this is totally a first, promise.)


(post-taking-off-the-tape-because-it-was-getting-kind-of-obnoxious:)

the FIRST time i took model-esque photos of my favorite dk post-concert (well, probably the first? who knows? #sophotogenic!)

(love this kid!!)

the FIRST time i (finally!) stopped into my old stomping grounds (re: high school!) + met up with my favorite high school english teacher to discuss volunteer opportunities (#futureenglishteacher #hiremesomedayplease)

the FIRST time little miss mission bff morgen came to visit me and we went to panera then to the temple and then she made me take a photo with a flower outside the temple (there's a first time for everything, right?)


(note: not the first time i've squinted my life away in photos on a sunny day...)

the FIRST time (thanks, morgen!) i tried these chips...(let's just say it hasn't been the last #sotasty!)

the FIRST time i took photos a day after my burn just to see if it was getting better/worse...(note to self: don't burn yourself ever again. it's been over 2 weeks + still have a scar)

the FIRST time i did a zumba class at the gym (note to self 2.0: when it's your first time taking a certain gym class, most certainly do not go in the front row just because you think that being closer will make it easier to see the instructor because in reality you'll end up stage right of her and end up subconsciously backing up to be able to see her properly and attempt to mimic her moves but actually end up almost backing into the kind lady in the row behind you as she gently taps you and asks you to "move up please" so you don't run her over with your awkward first-timer zumba moves...#oops)

the FIRST time one of your regulars (aka someone who comes in and requests you as their waitress) came in and gave me a gift - dark choc covered almonds for my mama because (somehow?!) that came up in our conversation at work and they wanted to buy her + i something to share. so sweet! (: also, delicious. (and also, not the first time my mama is a total babe...#mostbeautifulwomaniknow!)


the FIRST time i finally took the yellow submarine ornament daddy gave me (literally) years ago and put it up hanging from my car's rear-view mirror.

the FIRST time i found a handful of wonderfully inspirational lds photos (mostly from the lds app that looks a bit like this), so, you know, you're welcome. (:



the FIRST time i was asked (+ actually able!) to go visit another (clearfork!) ward with a high councilor and talk about my mission in sacrament meeting (one of the variety quotes i shared = below):

the FIRST time i met anyone in my best friend micae's (future) family...aka her boyfriend's uncle + aunt! aka the bishop + his wife of the ward i went to speak in! #itsasmallworldafterall

the FIRST time i saw my favorite little miss rachel olsen at the singles ward! (note: we may look the same height/age but to give you an idea, i was her girl's camp youth leader when i was in high school!)

the FIRST time i made the very grown-up decision (or so i tell myself) to redecorate my bedroom walls with more spiritually uplifting/motivational things and actually was able to part with my beloved beatles posters that had adorned them for so many years (don't worry paul, that doesn't mean i love you any less. especially because, who could ever forget this?!).

phew. that's a lot of firsts. don't you just love trying new things sometimes? (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...