Sunday, May 17, 2015

māe, eu te amo!

so last week was mama's day! which is one of my all-time favorite days, ever. mostly because i love my mama and i am so, so grateful she brought me into this world + has taught me and loved me and done so, so many wonderful things for me. last year for mama's day i was on the other side of the equator, but i was able to send her a group of mama's day videos singing the primary song "mother, i love you" in portuguese (translated = the title of this post). i loved being able to serve as a full-time missionary as my own mama did when she was around my age. while that one mama's day (+ other 18 months) apart sure was hard for me being so far away from her, it was worth every moment to be able to serve my Savior and walk for a bit in her shoes to see what it might have been like back when she was a missionary herself in southern chile. plus, it made this year's mama's day that much sweeter to get to spend it together for the first time in quite some time. (: 

we started the weekend off right by having a mama-daughter date night, going out to dinner + movie together (avengers 2!).



then thanks to daddy's awesome grilling skills (+ our new grill!), we made some super yummy chicken for mama's day dinner!





then it was off for daddy to pick up grandma joanne + go off to see the littles! and drew + ruth, of course. (; where we enjoyed lots of photo ops, yummy food (thanks ruth + drew!!), + awesome family time together. per usual. just missing our anna banana!!




lan + lo (:


matching mama's day necklaces thanks to daddy!


mama's: hers + daddy's names/the names of us kiddos. (note: ruth's has hers + drew's names/the names of their 4 kiddos! matchy-matchy :)



(can i just take a moment to tell you how much i love taking selfies with my nephew + niece!? and also how much little d loves me for my gum and little a loves me for my chapstick. but that's okay because i'm their auntie so i'll love them always no matter what ;)









also love my grandma joanne! wouldn't have the daddy i do without her (: love you, grandma!


now for some adorable photos with our newest favorite littlest of littles, lan(don) + lo(gan)!






(lan already loves his auntie kisses ;)




big kids probably sneaking away to take their own selfies with uncle daniel (;


after lots of playing + eating + photo-taking, we came home to enjoy the rest of our night. (:



my beautiful mama with her mama's day decor. 




(ps written on these = phrases that us kids each chose to describe our mama...top secret to us or to anyone who clicks on the photos and is able to read my handwriting on the zoom-in feature ;)



i love you so, so much mama! i hope you had an amazing mama's day. te amo TANTOOOOO (aka lots + lots + lotssss!) e para todo o sempre! thank you so much for teaching me all about how to be the best, most clean, loving, patient, kind, charitable, selfless, wonderful mama in the entire existence of forever. i can't wait to spend many more mama-daughter days like this together in the days, weeks, months, years, + etc. to come! (: xoxoxox!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...